Mr. Parker is the president and managing partner of Harmon Parker, P.A. He exclusively represents injured persons in their claims against at-fault parties and insurance companies.
His practice focuses on complex personal injury litigation, trucking accidents, car accidents, wrongful death, brain and spinal cord injuries, severe burns, and nursing home claims. Mr. Parker has a well-earned reputation for providing aggressive, high-quality legal representation.
He handles many different types of personal injury and wrongful death claims including:
- Accidents involving cars, 18-wheeler commercial trucks, news trucks, street sweepers, buses, motorcycles, golf carts, bicycles, go carts, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), pedestrians, driving under the influence (DUI), boats, personal watercraft, and airplanes.
- Accidents involving dangerous property conditions including building construction sites, road construction sites, slip and falls, dog bites, swimming pools, trampolines, pool filter explosions, natural gas and propane gas explosions, gas pool heater explosions, gas grill explosions, electric shocks, electrocution, serving alcohol to persons, and injuries/rapes due to negligent and inadequate security at bars and apartment complexes.
Mr. Parker has litigated cases with damages arising out of many different types of injuries including but not limited to neck, back, spinal fusions, spinal cord, paraplegia, quadriplegia, traumatic brain injuries, burns from gas explosions, burns from fire, burns from electric shock, amputations/loss of limb, chemical exposure, rapes, and the emotional trauma involved with all injuries.
Mr. Parker is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell® and was recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as part of Florida’s Legal Elite, by Tampa Bay Magazine as a top lawyer. He was also selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® Magazine as an outstanding lawyer who has attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Mr. Parker has obtained numerous verdicts and settlements including:
- $8,000,000 Automobile rollover quadriplegic
- $5,000,000 Watercraft brain injury
- $3,000,000 Motorcycle death
- $2,750,000 Automobile accident, wrongful death of 89-year-old
- $2,200,000 Nursing home fall, death
- $1,925,000 Negligent security
Admitted to Practice
- Florida State Courts
- Florida Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of the United States
- University of Virginia, B.S. – Electrical Engineering, Dean’s List Scholar, Navy ROTC Company Commander
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. – cum laude
Professional Memberships & Activities
- The American Bar Association, Aviation Litigation Section
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Law Section
- American Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Florida Justice Association
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
Prior Professional History
Mr. Parker served as a pilot in the U.S. Navy from 1987 to 1995. He flew the T-34, T-2, TA-4, and the single-seat fighter and attack F/A-18 aircraft. He was an F/A-18 Fleet Pilot with VFA-132 aboard the USS Forrestal Aircraft Carrier. During a cruise to the Mediterranean Sea, he flew Operation Provide Comfort missions in the Northern No Fly Zone over Iraq. In May of 1992, he reported to VFA-106 in Jacksonville, Florida for duty as an F/A-18 Instructor Pilot. He specialized in Air-to-Ground training and instructed Navy pilots to fly in the low altitude flight regime. He also taught formation flying, aircraft interception, air combat maneuvering, and in-flight refueling.
Mr. Parker holds the following FAA licenses:
- Multi Engine Airline Transport Pilot
- Single Engine Land
Mr. Parker and his wife enjoy boating, scuba diving, and spending time with their four wonderful children Kate, Chelsea, David, and Brooke.