A Tampa Law Firm Committed to Your Recovery
Call for a Free Consultation
Aerial view of highway overpasses with one car on the top overpass

Are Car Accidents Public Record?

If you’re involved in a car accident and the police take a report, you’ll need to know how and when to access that report. Additionally, you’ll want to know who else is able to access the report. Read on to learn more about car accident reports in Florida.

Florida Police Report Details

If you’re involved in a car accident, you should always have the police take a report of what happened. This report will be very useful for your auto insurance claim later on.

In Florida, police reports involving car accidents are referred to as “Traffic Crash Reports.”

Traffic Crash Reports typically take 10 days from the date of the accident to populate. Since your confidential personal information is listed on the report, only you and the other people involved in the accident will be able to review the reports once they’re filed.

Are Car Accident Reports Public Record? 

The accident report will be made open to the public after it’s been available to you for 60 days. 

If you need to request the Traffic Crash Report by mail, you’ll have to fill out and notarize the Sworn Statement for Traffic Crash Report Information Form and submit it along with your request.

Sealed and Expunged Records

There are ways to remove your records from the public domain if you don’t wish to have them remain open for anyone to view.

In order to have your criminal record sealed or expunged, you’ll need court approval. Click here for more information about having your criminal record sealed or expunged.

Contact our Tampa Car Accident Attorneys Today 

If you’ve been involved in an injury-sustaining car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Our attorneys here at Harmon Parker, P.A. are highly skilled in car accident personal injury law and have helped countless others attain the justice they deserve. Let us help you, too. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm with your case right away. After all, your health is nothing to gamble on.

Call Harmon Parker, P.A. today at (813) 452-4144 to learn more about how we can help you recover over a free consultation.